Reflection- Poem

My poem is about a girl . My inspiration comes from black culture .

 The Fierce And Powerful Black Culture 

A Poem by Shaniya Porter 




Whose black culture is that? I think I know 

Its owner is quite happy though 

Full of joy like a vivid rainbow. 

I watch her laugh . I cry hello 


She gives her black culture a shake , 

And laughs until her belly aches .

The only other sound’s the break, 

Of distant waves and birds awake .


The black culture is fierce and powerful and 

Deep

But she has promises to keep , 

After cake and lots of sleep .

Sweet dreams come to her cheap .


She rises from her gentle bed.

With thoughts of puppies in her head 

She eats her jam with lots of bread.

Ready for the day ahead . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection

Reflection

Reflection